Watermelon & Feta Salad
A perfectly fresh recipe for summer
Watermelon and feta salad recipe
• 1/4 Watermelon – skin removed and diced 1 inch thick
• Feta – 200g diced or crumbled
• Kalamata olives – 50g pitted
• Red chilli- 1 no finely chopped
• Olive oil – 10ml
• Garlic clove – 1-2 cloves
• A sprig of thyme and rosemary
• 1/2 big lemon, remove rind and julienne. Juice the flesh
• Basil leaves – 10g
• Mint leaves – 10g
To make the dressing, slowly & carefully heat olive oil, adding the garlic, chilli, thyme and rosemary, lemon rind.
Gently heat for 3 min, add lemon juice, salt and pepper. It’s important to do this slowly to avoid burning any of the added elements.
Set aside to cool
To serve, spread the diced watermelon in the desired dish, sprinkle the feta on top, spoon over olives and distribute the dressing evenly.
Finish with finely chiffonade of basil and mint – this will bring out all the flavour.
The dressing combination that has been developed for this dish by our Executive Chef is a game changer and accompanies this vibrant and fresh salad perfectly. It’s best served on our terrace in the sunshine with a G&T on the side, however if you’re recreating at home we’d love to know, so be sure to tag us on social #SopwellHouseRecipes