By Executive Head Chef, Gopi Chandra
• 30ml olive oil + 1 teaspoon
• 1 large sweet potato, diced
• 2 medium fennel bulbs, cut lengthwise into 1/4 thick slices
• Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 20ml fresh lemon juice
• 8g ground cumin
• 200g quinoa, rinsed
• 1 lemon
• 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
• 10g chopped fresh coriander
• 10g chopped fresh mint
• 5g chopped fresh dill
• 1/2 a pomegranate seeds shelled
• Heat 30ml oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add fennel; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel is just tender and lightly golden, 10–12 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, cumin, and sugar; cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• Roast the sweet potato in the oven at 180*c for 10 min with olive oil, sea-salt and cumin. Set aside
• Meanwhile, bring quinoa and 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is cooked, about 10 minutes. Drain; return to pan. Cover; let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork; transfer to a large bowl.
• Using a small sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from lemon. Cut between membranes to release segments; discard membranes and roughly chop. Add lemon with any juices and remaining 1 tbsp oil to quinoa; stir. Add fennel mixture, sweet potato, chilli, and herbs. Toss gently to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer salad to a platter; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.
January, 2018, Image source @Home.with.harper